April is Child Abuse Awareness Month
Article By: Ashley Caldwell
Newsletter | Mar 09, 2020
The Lincoln Trail Regional Network’s, Trail of Hope, has been very busy preparing for April, which is Child Abuse Awareness Month. There will be many different activities and programs happening in the area during the month of April. Below is a list of these events:
- Trail of Hope has partnered with Central KY Head Start for the Child Abuse Awareness Walk, which will be held on Saturday, April 4th from 12pm to 2pm. This will take place at Centre Square in Lebanon, KY.
- The Washington County Homemakers Group has partnered with Trail of Hope to raise awareness. There will be City and County Proclamations, as well as, posters displayed in the Washington County Library. There will also be a display of blue pinwheels and ribbons in downtown Springfield.
- Trail of Hope is sponsoring a display of blue pinwheels in downtown Bardstown.
- Trail of Hope will be attending the Extension Expo at the Larue County High School, on March 21st from 10am to 2pm. There will be a resource station that includes activities for kids and resources for parents, that focus on the prevention of abuse and neglect.
- Trail of Hope is collaborating with the Born Learning Event. Staff will be there passing out Ages and Stages materials that focus on development, attachment and bonding, as well as, child safety and appropriate discipline.
- Breckinridge County will be setting up blue pinwheel gardens around the county, sponsored by Trail of Hope.
- Trail of Hope will be attending Kids Fest at the Brandenburg Primary School, in Meade County, on March 7th, from 9am-12pm. There will be a Pinwheel Coloring Contest, as well as, child abuse awareness and prevention information.