The Kentucky Works Program supports the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the following Kentucky counties: Anderson, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Franklin, Grayson, Hardin, Henry, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble, Washington, and Woodford. Our goal is to assess these individuals to identify barriers, work to overcome those barriers to make them self- sufficient. We also have job readiness classes to help with resumes, job search, job interviews, etc.
Covid-19 has had a significant impact on both of our programs over the past couple of years with a state of emergency “Good Cause exemption” where clients were not required to participate in the programs, but as of July 1, 2023 that exemption has ended for both KTAP and SNAP E&T programs.
· KY Works currently has 39 clients that are employed in the K-TAP Program. This is up 5 from when last reported. Our Employment Specialists continue to follow up with each of these clients and track the hours they are working. We served 69 clients in the K-Tap program for the first quarter of the fiscal year ending September 30, 2023.
· On the SNAP Employment and Training program, we continue to reach out to these clients and complete assessments when they are referred to us. KY Works served 376 clients for the SNAP program during the last quarter.
· KY Works continues to stay in touch with employers and if we do get referrals we match the clients skills with the employer needs to have a good match. We call new employers each week and keep a current job listing for each county we serve.
· Our staff continues to stay in touch with staff meeting every other month, either in person or virtually to discuss all relative matters in the program.
· KY Works continues to offer a wage subsidy program where if an employer hires one of our K-TAP clients they will be reimbursed for a portion of their wages during the first six month of employment.
· KY Works is under contract for KTAP and SNAP E & T through June 2024.